Sunday, August 03, 2008

Equipment Review: 1i Quantum SC Battery & CZ Cord

Phew! I just finished my busiest photographic month ever! No time for anything much. But now I'm back and am ready to continue with the equipment review. And as previously promised I will tell about my "replacement" for the Canon CP-E4 reviewed below. Actually, this is a little misleading as I am not getting rid of the CP-E4. It will act as a backup for the Quantum SC battery with CZ cord that is now my default. It is a bit more convenient than the Quantum ... slips into a front pocket.

But, the new boy on the block is the Quantum SC battery: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/467222-REG/Quantum_Instruments_TSC_Turbo_SC_Battery_Pack.html which runs about $430, a few bucks cheaper than when I bought it a couple of months ago. I had a Quantum Turbo battery long ago that I loved. I used it to power both my digital camera and my flash. These batteries have a lot of power, great power level indicators and the battery technology has no "memory" so you can recharge to full without having to drain the battery down for optimum performance.

I also like the clip to the belt gizmo on the back better than slipping it into my pocket ... looks a bit more professional, too! :-)

So, that's it for today. I will be continuing with my equipment review intermixed with other notable items.

BTW, I have now signed up for the Winery/Vineyard workshop at Lepp Institute in November as well as two Photoshop weekends at Lepp Institute in September as noted in an earlier post.

No comments: