Thursday, March 26, 2009

When Brown, Flush Down III

If you noticed my last post about UPS you'll know that they have had a package "Out for Delivery" for me for four days. I checked with our regular driver today and he says, "I don't know ... if it isn't on my truck I don't deliver it". So I called the Goleta office (they don't list the address/phone number of these facilities where you can just Google them up and the driver doesn't know the number.) The nice young lady, after looking on two computers, says, "Since there hasn't been movement on it in four days it's probably stolen or on the wrong truck and you will have to contact your shipper." So, they know it hasn't "moved" in four days because it is in their computer but they just ignore it. Then, even though they lost it, I have to report it to the shipper and start a claim. I'm incredulous. It's not like they think they delivered it and didn't ... they know they had it and now they don't and no one signed for it ... so they should contact the shipper and report that they lost it! Now I have to waste my time explaining and explaining when all I ever did was order a remote shutter release from B&H and they took my money. I guess I'll just start paying a couple of bucks more and go with FedEx when I have the option in the future and hope that Brown is overtaken by the recession and incompetent business practices.

Travel Safe!

Dwight

No comments: